Sunday, January 9, 2022

70%

 What!, really !” Yes , 70% of our PCR testing comes back positive”. No wonder the testers who turned up at our house were dressed as if it was a highly  contagious zone. The chances it was/is . Why us , haven’t we been careful ; we’ll sort of. This time the finger was pointing at our cook. She lives in a closely packed urban area, had just celebrated a family New Year . Then developed cold symptoms , with her doctor, without recommending testing, saying it was nothing important. It was , and she was with us for two days until we deduced something was wrong . 

Ah! and I have a sore throat that my standby medicine hasn’t completely cured . But the brandy does make me feel better! At least all the adults are triple vaccinated . The children ( all 10 and under ) not . Parents declined the use of Sinovac , ( that available and promoted in Ecuador) emanating  from such an untrustworthy source. EU has only recently approved a reliable ( to us ) vaccine for under 12’s; and that hasn’t yet crossed the bureaucracy to reach the few out-posted Europeans .


The other side of the world , in the Maldives, Omicron has been detected in half our son’s family and friends . Fortunately associated illnesses have been comparatively mild. Those negative visitors promptly fled the country, only to be tested positive at their home .PCR testing has to be also carried at the right time ( and place? ).


Now we wait the result of our own testing. The words of the Clash seem most apt :


“Should I stay or should I go now?

Should I stay or should I go now?

If I go there will be trouble

And if I stay it will be double

So come on and let me know”



A previous freedom


Postscript :  pcr tests all negative….except cook ….iron rations henceforth 

1 comment:

  1. 'Virus Tales!' Good luck!
    (Luckily, our Timperley cook is suitably isolated from the rest of society...)

    ReplyDelete

Concentration

😎 “ No man is really defeated unless he is discouraged “ ( Bruce Lee ) . This morning I am stepping out with confidence ; the weather is co...